MetaMask is a crypto wallet that works as a gateway to Web3, using which you can explore the decentralized web. This platform is useful to buy, store and swap tokens. Along with this.
How to reset the MetaMask Wallet if the transaction is pending?
In case you are using MetaMask for a long now, you must be aware of all the features that are included in it along with the steps that you need to take in order to make use of the available features. But it still is possible that you are not aware of all the actions that can take from your account. Sometimes, there may arise some unavoidable circumstances restricting you from the further usage of the account. Apart from that, an error or an issue with your account calls for actions that you should immediately take. So, if you are someone whose transaction through MetaMask is showing pending for a long now, then you can follow the steps that are listed here.
By resetting your MetaMask account, you can easily come out of such circumstances. But, to reset your account, you will need your MetaMask Sign In details. If you have these details with you, resetting your account would be easier.
Steps to reset a MetaMask Wallet through the extension
By following these easy steps, you will be able to reset your wallet and then check the transaction status:
- 1.Open the MetaMask extension and enter MetaMask sign in details to login
- 2.Within the wallet, you can click on the hamburger icon to open the menu
- 3.Right after this, you can click on the "Settings" menu
- 4.And within the "Settings" menu, please click on "Advanced"
- 5.In the Advanced tab, find and click on the "Reset Account" option
- 6.That's all! Your wallet will be reset by now
Steps to reset MetaMask Wallet using the MetaMask App
Here are the easy steps that you can follow if you wish to reset your wallet using the MetaMask app on your device:
- 1.Open the MetaMask app and then access your wallet using the MetaMask sign in details
- 2.Followed by this, please click on the three horizontal lines present in the upper-left corner
- 3.Click on the circular icon which is also known as the profile icon to open the accounts menu
- 4.This shall open the "My Accounts" page on your screen
- 5.Here, you need to scroll down and click on the "Settings" option
- 6.Find the "Advanced" setting menu and click on it to expand it
- 7.Followed by this, you need to click on the "Reset account" button
- 8.When the confirmation pop-up shows up, please click on "Yes, reset"
There could be various reasons why your account is unable to process a transaction initiated by you. But, this is the only remedy that has helped many users come out of this issue. So, in the section above, we have explained to you the complete process to reset a MetaMask wallet as and when required. Once you reset your account, you can check if the transaction was successful or not.